WORK INJURY RECOVERY & OCCUPATIONAL PROGRAMS
If you’ve been injured on the job, BODYWORKS can help. In addition to our expertise in occupational programs, we have extensive experience working with Encova and private workers’ compensation carriers as well as with Vocational Rehabilitation Managers.
FILE A CLAIM OR GET A PHYSICIAN’S REFERRAL
After you’ve filed a workers’ compensation claim or received a physician’s referral, our skilled physical therapist will help you: get better, return to work on at least a modified basis, and ultimately return to pre-injury status. Your prompt attention to addressing your situation ensures your continued eligibility for Workers’ Compensation benefits.
“When I hurt my back at work, I was immediately in pain – the simplest movements took my breath away. Between my doctors and BODYWORKS – I’m as good as new – and back to work. I wasn’t sure I’d be able to work again, but I can lift more than before – but now I do it safely.”
SELECT BODYWORKS AS YOUR REHABILITATION PARTNER
Once you’ve decided to enlist BODYWORKS’ support in your recovery, we will:
- Complete a physical therapy evaluation to identify the type of injury you have sustained.
- Recommend an individual physical therapy treatment plan to help you recover from your injury.
- Work with you to help you achieve your goals.
- Communicate with your physician and worker’s compensation case manager.
- Evaluate your progress by reassessing your condition on a regular basis.
- Provide a summary of your care and progress to all parties involved in your claim.
- Complete a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) when appropriate to identify both your abilities and impairments as they relate to your level of employment.
- Recommend a Work Conditioning/Work Hardening plan when appropriate in order to prepare you to return to work in either a modified capacity or to full duty once you have met your return-to-work goals.
PHYSICAL THERAPY MEMBERSHIP
After completing treatment to recover from an injury, surgery, or other medical condition, many people receive continued benefit by continuing with a transitional therapy program. A transitional therapy program can help you to continue to rebuild your strength and adopt healthy behaviors so they become habits. Transitional therapy involves becoming more independent with a gym-based program and home exercise program to maintain the results that physical therapy will help you to achieve. Talk with our physical therapists to see how we can help you build a bridge from recovery to every day living.