Aquatic Therapy is a unique treatment with many benefits. BODYWORKS in Beckley enables you to explore this option. Talk with your Physical Therapist to see if it’s right for you.
Please understand that are some risks associated with Aquatic Therapy, such as: slipping and falling in the pool area or an allergy to bromine, which is in the pool. Fear of water or certain medical conditions may mean that this type of therapy is not an option or that it requires special precautions. Anyone getting Aquatic Therapy must abide by the following rules:
- Shower off prior to entering the pool or whirlpool and when transferring from one pool to the other.
- Never enter the water unless someone is present to assist you.
- Perform only those activities / exercises you are instructed to perform.
- Enter the pool only via the steps – only use the lift when the appropriate staff member is available to assist you.
- Wear appropriate swimwear. (Shorts and T-shirts are welcome if they have been pre-washed to set dyes).
- Bring your own towel, change of clothes, sandals, etc. Lockers are available in the changing areas.
- If you need assistance changing, please bring a caregiver that will be available to assist you.
- Allow enough time for changing/showering when scheduling your appointments.
- Dry off completely in the pool area prior to proceeding to the changing areas.